Remembering Kevin

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Friends

This was posted by Kristin Gile

I
t's hard to know where to start. kevin has been my friend for 15 years. he befriended me when i arrived in seattle at 21 without any family or friends within a thousand miles. i remember lots of backyard barbeques, always with seafood and always with ice cream! kayaking, road trips, microbrews, tennis, and biking...his excitement and courage when he traveled to el salvador and his stories bringing that part of the world alive to me. he came to my rescue when my dad was so sick with his hope and all of his support. i learned all about puffins and would choose a purple martin over a bald eagle for our national symbol after all his work. i pray that those of you in seattle will be able to continue his work with the nesting boxes as this was so important to him.
i'm grateful for his visit to south carolina last fall, i never would have thought it was the last time i would see him. i'm thankful my children got to meet him. he lived his life so well, he is a great example to them.

my heart goes out to kevin's family and all his friends. i will always remember him and try to live simply and honestly as a tribute to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home